Pancakes in the woods

The other night, Sophie and I decided to have pancakes at a restaurant in the forest. I was a little skeptical about going, since I didn't know how to get there, but I borrowed a bike anyways and we started our adventure. It was snowing so hard the whole time we were biking. We were biking down one long road along a river through the most beautiful, snow-covered countryside. As we went further and further down this road, it started getting darker and snowier. It felt like we were biking through a blizzard and snow was getting in my eyes. I got a little scared once the streetlights just stopped and we were biking in total darkness down one small road through a forest, but I had to admit it was completely beautiful even if I was scared half to death. We finally see a light in the distance and bike up to a really cute, cozy restaurant at the end of the road. It's really hard to tell what it is in the photos Sophie and I took, so there's a picture of what it looks like in the daytime.



It was beautiful inside and we had some delicious hot cocoa and pancakes while staring out the window at all the snow falling. The ride back was a lot less scary and I really enjoyed the view when snow wasn't whipping me in the face. 



(My video is so blurry because I took it on my iPhone while riding a bike that was too tall for me in the snow. It took quite a lot of talent!)

Comments

Popular Posts