What I have learned from studying abroad so far:
1. Everyone loves F.R.I.E.N.D.S. That's the most important thing.
2. My accent is strong enough that people can immediately pick up on the fact that I'm Californian.
3. Europe is a beautiful place to live, but I never want to live this far from my family again.
4. Getting lost is not the end of the world. It can actually be quite enjoyable if you have a good attitude and an open mind. It helps if you have good company as well.
5. Cities/countries never match up to your expectations of them. You can never really know what a city is like until you experience it for yourself.