“A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it.” -George Augustus Moore

I just finished my last class of the semester and I thought it warranted a purely written blog post. I am starting to get overwhelmed with emotions about leaving UCU, my upcoming travels, saying goodbye to the place I've called home for five months and the friends I have made here, and coming home. It has been the experience of a lifetime and I know that the Czech Republic, Austria, Hungary, Italy, and Greece have wonderful things in store for me. I still can't help thinking about all the little things I love and miss about home, though. It's like the closer I know I'm getting to coming home, the more intrusive thoughts I get about nostalgic things from back home. I miss Macaroni Grill, Reeses, Forever 21, Sprinkles cupcakes, normal deodorant, driving, being close to family, nice weather, my clean apartment with my beautiful roommates, my doggy, and a thousand other little things that pop into my mind everyday. I know this month of travel with my dad and my close friends will be such a blessing and more than I could have hoped for and I cannot wait. And there is something really special in knowing after all the moving around and craziness that I get to be home. I hope this didn't come off as a sad post. I am so happy with everything life has brought me this year and I have had so many experiences that I would have never imagined. The next month is going to be an adventure and so is coming home :) This post didn't come off nearly as romantic sounding or inspiring as I had imagined it, and there is really no way to put into words all the feelings I have right now, but this will do haha.

Comments

  1. i like u title"Have Love,Will Travel" its a great Dear...





    international flights

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was beautiful amy and romantic enough to give me chills! Love you and miss you! Can't wait to see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog thanks for sharing wonderful article, these are the best vacation holiday spot for family. For Budget Hotel in Tirunelveli Visit Hotels in Tirunelveli near new Bus Stand

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts