Arriving in Amsterdam

Bare with me. I have never written a blog before, but I'm going to do my best so that you guys back home can keep up with me while I'm here. 

I cannot believe I am really here. After being lost for 4 hours, taking the wrong train, walking 2 miles with all my luggage, getting many many strange looks from the locals, and having a few mental breakdowns along the way, we have finally made it to our hotel. I have never been so thankful to see a Hilton in my whole life. They gave us a beautiful room overlooking "old Amsterdam" and a little canal. We passed out for most of the day and woke up just in time for dinner. We will see if we can manage to find a place to eat around here, but I'm sure we will get lost again. Goodbye for now and wish me luck.

One of the many train stations we saw today
The view from our hotel room

On a side note, I think it's really cool that I'm staying at the same hotel where John Lennon and Yoko Ono did their bed-in in 1969. Feels like I'm living a little part of history.



Comments

Popular Posts