Here comes the sun

I had another late night tonight. That seems to be happening a lot lately so this is going to be a short one. Today we started off once again with language class and a seminar, where we had open discussions about abortion, prostitution, same-sex marriage, euthanasia, and drug policy in the Netherlands. I think it's quite interesting that all my classes here have focused on such controversial topics. We also had a guest lecturer. After class, we headed straight for the train station. I got an email earlier today telling me that our flights to Berlin had been cancelled, so we bought train tickets instead. It's going to happen one way or another, Berlin. Plus I got my first Starbucks in the Netherlands. A delicious hazelnut hot chocolate. And the sun came out for a few hours to greet me today.

  

I also did some more shopping today for things here and there. There is never enough time in a day to get all your errands done at once. Luckily things were open until around 9 tonight, so I had time to get some more organizational bins and a blanket. My lights decided to start falling on my head in the middle of the night, so I got some duct tape and put them back up. While I was at it, I moved all my furniture around and did a little more unpacking. I have been living out of my suitcase this whole time.


We checked out the school bar for the first time today, and for once we were participating in the noise that keeps us up so late at night. If you can't beat em, join em. It was deserted. But it was really nice getting to spend time with some girls from our unit. Monica got to have her first drink at a bar, and got foam everywhere. We're going to get really good at pool and darts by the end of this semester. And good at studying of course. I just finished up my Dutch homework and it's off to bed.




Comments

Popular Posts